It has been announced by the official website for the television anime Hajime Musashino’s Burning Kabaddi sports manga that the performers for its theme song are Shunya Ohira will be performing the opening song “Fire Bird” and the closing song “Comin’Back” will be performed by Yuma Uchida. The CD for the ending song will go on sale on April 21.
The storyline centers around the boy Tatsuya Yoigoshi, a first-year student. The boy has a past history of soccer and is a former ace soccer player. Due to time and circumstances, the boy dislikes sports for now. He gets an invitation to join the Kabaddi Team which at first seems to him like a drag. The boy gradually develops interest after watching some practice sessions.
The manga has been serialized in Shogakukan’s Ura Sunday website and MangaONE app since 2015 and has been collected in fifteen tankobon volumes.
The anime stars:
- Yūma Uchida as Tatsuya Hoigoshi
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Masato Ohjyo
- Gen Sato as Sōma Azemachi
- Makoto Furukawa as Kei Iura
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Kyōhei Misumi
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Shinji Date
- Shiin’ichiro Kamio as Nobutaka Ban
- Wataru Komada as Ryuta Seki
- Ayumu Murase as Yūki Hitomi
- The anime is being directed at TMS Entertainment by Kazuya Ichikawa.
- The series script is being managed by Yuuko Kakihara
- Midori Gotou is also writing the script
- Mari Takada is designing the characters
- Shoji Hata is the Sound Director
- Ken Ito is composing the music
The series is expected to be premiered in April.
The series ranks on the top 20 list of manga for male readers. Debuted on Manga ONE App and Ura Sunday website in 2015. The 16th volume is going to ship on March 18.